Friday, April 15, 2011

Day Two - Clash in the Fields

I have met the enemy on the field, and found them to be a tenacious and well-trained foe. Many soldiers of Tyros were slain the initial charge, a glorious death by the steel of worthy soldiers.  I envy them.  I have taken a band of men along the river, and flanked the enemy from the west, while the Ubar and Captains move along the center.  Two fallen men have I dragged to the safety of a small house and bound their sounds. I am tormented by a Tarn above, and I see the livery of a Legatus or better, yet I cannot determine for the sun is in my eyes and my wounds pain me. I have been struck by swords, small cuts, which bleed well but do not pose danger to life. An arrow has found my leg, but I have broken it and removed it, binding my flesh in the rags of a fallen slave-girl nearby.

Several men have fallen to my sword, but I am among the last of my men now. The enemy draws focus upon me and soon I am overwhelmed from above, and from both flanks. There can be no retreat, the codes forbid it, and I move ahead.

I cannot recount the length of the battle, but I shall say several ahn have passed since we marched from the camps. The Arian host is victorious, our numbers now too depleted to continue we are made to hold the embankments and await reinforcement. Runners have come to us, and we learn other phalanxes of Tyros are lost, decimated by the legions of Ar.

We can now but wait, and ready for the words of our Ubar.

No comments:

Post a Comment